- probably the best regional literary magazine in Scotland,
- high quality writing, with a unique blend of the local and the global.
- a thrilling place to be published alongside writers and artists from around the world
Submissions to Issue 15 are now closed
You can read about POTB, and how we work, on the About POTB page. Our current edition, POTB Issue 14, has been described as a ‘beautifully produced treasure house of new writing and art’. It boasts an array of inspiring work from talented authors, poets and artists, introduced by a glowing Foreword by novelist and poet Wayne Price and artist Tom Hammick’s personal inspiration for the image on which the eye-catching cover is based.
Click on the image below to take a peek.
After looking at Issue 14, why not browse through other editions of the magazine. Online versions of Issues 9 – 13 can be read in full and sample extracts from Issues 6 – 8 offer a flavour of earlier editions. Then visit our online shop where all editions of the magazine are available for purchase.
- Editing POTB: a peek behind the scenes (Roger White, 31 Jul 2018)
- Donnie Ross: Perceiving things differently (POTB, 12 Oct 2017)
- An interview with Sheena Blackhall (POTB, 1 Sep 2017)
- An interview with Stephen Pacitti (POTB, 4 Aug 2017)
- An interview with Heather Reid (POTB, 19 Jul 2017)
- Call for submissions to POTB 15 will open on 1 July
- What happened to ePOTB?
- Issue 13 now available to read online
- Issue 14 Launch photos
- POTB now available at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
- Check out our Useful Links page for literary organisations, publications, events and POTB contributors.