- probably the best regional literary magazine in Scotland,
- high quality writing, with a unique blend of the local and the global.
- a thrilling place to be published alongside writers and artists from around the world
Christine de Luca
Christine de Luca
Issue 16 to launch on Sunday 16th May
Join us for the launch of Pushing Out the Boat Issue 16 on Sunday the 16th May between 3 p.m. and 4.30 p.m. UK time. This will be an online event, using Zoom, providing a great opportunity for our friends throughout the world to join us.
The launch will showcase some of the great poetry, prose and art in our latest issue, complete with live readings from more than a dozen of our contributors. It is open to all, free of charge, but pre-registration is required. Click here for further information and event registration.
Pushing Out the Boat was open for submissions in summer 2020. Once again, the standard of submissions was very high, giving the selection panels a difficult (but enjoyable) task. Thank you to all who submitted, both those who were successful and those who were not. We hope you will enjoy Issue 16 when it is published and be inspired to submit again to future issues.
You can read about POTB, and how we work, on the About POTB page. Our current edition, POTB Issue 14, has been described as a ‘beautifully produced treasure house of new writing and art’. It boasts an array of inspiring work from talented authors, poets and artists, introduced by a glowing Foreword by novelist and poet Wayne Price and artist Tom Hammick’s personal inspiration for the image on which the eye-catching cover is based.
Click on the image below to take a peek.
After looking at Issue 14, why not browse through other editions of the magazine. Online versions of Issues 9 – 13 can be read in full and sample extracts from Issues 6 – 8 offer a flavour of earlier editions. Then visit our online shop where all editions of the magazine are available for purchase.
- Introducing Lily Greenall, the new POTB Editor (Martin Walsh, 29 Feb 2020)
- Appreciation of Gerard Rochford (Judith Taylor, 6 Feb 2020)
- Coordinator/Project Manager opportunity (POTB Team, 12 Nov 2019)
- FROM THE ARABIAN NIGHT PATROL TO POTB (Ian Thewlis (aka Peter Sheal), 14 Oct 2019)
- POTB needs your help! (POTB Team, 19 Sep 2019)
- Call for submissions to POTB 15 will open on 1 July
- What happened to ePOTB?
- Issue 13 now available to read online
- Issue 14 Launch photos
- POTB now available at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
- Check out our Useful Links page for literary organisations, publications, events and POTB contributors.